Try To Learn Replacement Sunglasses Lenses Yourself
Before you go eyeglass lens replacement shopping, keep the following tips in mind:
1. Check to see if your lenses are covered under a warranty. If your lenses are polycarbonate, they might still be covered under the 1 year warranty for scratches and dents. If they are made out of the cheaper plastic, you will have to pay for the replacement lenses yourself.
2. Frames generally outlast the lenses themselves. For many glasses, the frame is the most expensive part and eyeglass lens replacement will save you money.
3. Even if your glasses are not scratched, but instead you receive a new prescription from your eye doctor, eyeglass lens replacement may be a better choice for you than buying a new pair of glasses.
4. Many places require both lenses to be replaced simultaneously, but some will replace a solitary lens.
5. Eyeglass lens replacement works for both prescription glasses and sunglasses.